Message to New Grannies, Grandmas, Meemaws, etc.

Fellow Grannies-to-be, pull up a rocker and let's talk. Veteran grannies, you can come here to mentor us 'noobs' through all the inner-conflict that comes along with the transition . We're entering this next life-stage, one that brings with it all the pitfalls and perils of societal ageism, at a point in life where we're still clinging to the hope of keeping up with technology, fitting into sexier jeans, and battling the relentless pull of gravity.

I say there's no need to fear grandparent-hood! Together we can enhance the perception of this phase, and embrace the image of instant wisdom that comes with the Grandtitle.

I stared this blog for my soon-arriving-granddaughter, who's impending arrival is an enormous thrill! But I'm also here to swap stories, and present some good ole' fashioned How-To and DIY stuff I've picked up along the way - mostly from fellow rocker-jockeys around the web. There's a wealth of wisdom and wit to share from generations of Grannies and Great-Grannies who came before me, most notably:
~ Maow, aka Mickey Maow
~ Mimmaw Kron
~ Mimmaw Hale
~ Gran-Molly
~ Granny Clampett (TV Granny, circa 1962 - 1970-ish)

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Nah

I just found out I'm going to be a Grandmother! I am indescribably excited. No wait that doesn't sound right. Grandmother. Grandma. Mammaw. No, maybe Meemaw. OK, let's go with an old standard - Granny. (Granny Clampitt was a righteous old gal.)

No sense deciding. My official handle will mainly depend on how the geneflake contorts its little mouth while I'm cooing at it.  If it really likes me, I'll draw a thoroughly southern title. Mimmaw. As in "Meh Mah", which was both of my sacred grandmothers' real names. Very coincidental. Or if it only tolerates my presence before it's old enough to be plied with cookies, I may just get a reluctant syllable, like Na. "Nah", a bit dismissive, but I'm a forgiving Granny.

How did I get off on this topic? I have important Granny business to discuss.
Oh God. Granification has officially begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment